Thursday, December 10, 2009

1st appt with my OBGYN

So, I took H. with me to be my brain, essentially, and she did a damn good job of it.

I still forgot to ask about how long I can work, about my bouts of swelling feet and about the occasional heart palpitations when I lay down to go to bed (though my family DR was aware of all that and had no concerns or restrictions other than not lifting anything more than 10 lbs and staying off my feet as much as I can).

My weight on the scale at the OBGYN's office was more in line with what my scale at home says and NOT what the scale at my family DR's office said (too bad though, I liked the idea of being lighter).

So according to their scale I am 283 lbs. Which, according to my home scale means I've gained 11 lbs so far.

I guess I am OK with that.

I need to decide whether or not I will have a tubal ligation at the same time as my C-section. My OBGYN does recommend doing it at the same time and thinks it's the best option for me but now I find myself re-thinking the finality of it.

As well, I've been hearing some horror stories online about the side effects women have experienced after getting one done.

*sigh*

I go back for my next appt the morning of Jan 12th.

Oh and there are no concerns about the LEEP I had in Jan '08 and the performance of my cervix. He checked my cervix and the baby was fine.

He said that the max time he will schedule a C-section is 10 days before my due date.

My due date was changed to April 3rd at my 2nd ultrasound so that means the earliest (unless I go into labour) that I will have my baby is - March 24, 2010.

I was really hoping for March 18th because that would be during March Break so I could just have Little Man stay with his father or with some of my friends and not have to worry about how to get him to and from school and all of that.

And of course, I am worried that I might just go into labour early anyway. If that happens, I will still have a C-section but it might be a lil more scary than a scheduled one but hopefully LESS scary than the emergency one I had to deliver Little Man.

Oh but if I go into labour before my scheduled C-section date, I might not have the same OBGYN and I really am not fond of that idea either...

In other news, my baby's heartrate was 153 bpm on the doppler.

There is a funny little site that supposedly predicts a child's gender via their heartrate on their ultrasound dates. But I'll put in the doppler rates too and we'll see which gender is winning.

http://www.babybpm.com/

1st ultrasound

babybpm fetal heart rate gender predictor

family DR office with doppler

babybpm fetal heart rate gender predictor

2nd ultrasound

babybpm fetal heart rate gender predictor

family DR office with doppler

babybpm fetal heart rate gender predictor

OBGYN office with doppler

babybpm fetal heart rate gender predictor

No comments:

Post a Comment